I had picked my first Huda beauty product from the Maker/ Makeup royalty’s residing country – the Middle East. More particularly from Sephora, Mall of the Emirates Dubai in the Christmas of 2016. At that time I was so smitten by HB’s Liquid lipsticks that I was devastated walking out of the store with JUST one Liquid lipstick in shade TRENDSETTER and the Lip contour pencil in shade ICON.
Here’s a look at one of my favourite Liquid Matte lipstick formulas of all time:
I’ll now jump straight into why or why don’t you need this in your life…
For those of you looking for a comfortable matte finish lipstick, this brand albeit expensive is the go-to colour selection wise and formula wise (long wearing comfort on lips). Compared to a lot of liquid lipstcks in the market which have a mousse like texture, this one is rather liquid in consistency – which is primarily the reason why it settles less into the natural cracks of your lips and feels very lightweight. It does budge with a few meals/drinks but it does not look crusty at any given point in the day.
I usually sugar scrub and hydrate my lips pre-application, this makes the lipstick long wearing and appealing. Never skip this step! On me HB Trendsetter lasts for 3-4 hours with light meals. Reapplication is not messy, but because I love this lipstick so much and that it costs a BOMB, I am quite ungenerous with it.
Just a side note – The fragrance makes me want to open up the tube MULTIPLE times, Let’s face it who doesn’t like the smell of freshly baked cupcakes?
Brand Description on the website:
Introducing Huda Beauty’s latest lip beautifier: the Liquid Matte, an unrivaled take on the liquid lipstick. The tried and true comfort-wear formula is infused with an exclusive complex to help maintain the lips’ hydration. The lightweight formula glides on a thin coat of color that intensifies as it sets to a matte, transfer-free finish with amazing staying power.
You might even forget you’re wearing anything on your lips at all! Sixteen must-have colors can to be used alone or combined to create the perfect color for any occasion. Pair it with a complementary Huda Beauty Lip Contour to set off your look. Color appearance may vary based on skin tone once set.
A wide spectrum of colors featuring timeless nudes, feminine pinks, deep reds, and the It-90s brown to beautify your lips for hours without compromising comfort. Play with your look and combine colors to find your own, unique style. Be your own #BEAUTYBOSS!
Huda’s tips for the perfect pout: :
- Prep your lips: To improve consistency of application, gently exfoliate with a lip scrub. Blot off any excess oils.
- For maximum impact, line lips using the Lip Contour and fade towards the center.
- Apply a thin layer of Liquid Matte in the corresponding or lighter shade to fill in the rest.
- Allow approximately 30 seconds for color to set and intensify to an opaque finish. Color appearance may vary based on skin tone.
Huda’s favorites are Bombshell for an everyday nude, Trendsetter for the perfect brown, Heartbreaker for a unique pink-red, and Flirt for the quintessential 90s cheeky brown. Check all the techniques and looks on Instagram at @HudaBeauty and her Youtube channel. Inspire the community and post your looks using #HudaBeauty
- Formula – shall I say more?
- Great Colour selection – one for any occasion + Colours are true to packaging
- Did not oxidize on me
- Did not need a lip liner, but great if you do apply
- Travel-friendly lightweight packaging
- Priced at INR 1650 per pop, on daily usage may last 20 days
- Not as long lasting ad pigmented as hyped – I say this on behalf of Trendsetter
WCD rates this product a 4.6/5 … you might want to own atleast one!
If you enjoyed this post, leave me a comment. I’d be happy to answer any queries you have as well.