This review will help you decide if you need to invest in the Wet n Wild Megaglo Highlighting powder while in search of that perfect budget highlighter. I am reviewing the shade ‘Crown of My Canopy’ purchased off the Nykaa website.
Firstly, I was over the moon that this cult brand was now officially available in india (online nevertheless).
Then of course the first thing that caught my fancy was their ‘super cute’ range of makeup brushes and this gorgeous looking highlighter in discussion today. You’ll know by now, if you follow me on Instagram, that I am all about the glitters, but this highlighter shade is nothing like I’ve seen before.
To describe it as a True Rose Gold is cliched but appropriate, I swatched it next to Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin perfector pressed in the shade Rose Gold to find WnW Crown of My Canopy is a very close dupe, just a tad bit peachier. Oh these two shades layered together are beyond gorgeous!
Here are some Dry finger Swatches of the WnW Mega Glo powder alongside Becca’s Rose Gold highlighter – Can you guess which is which <excuse the hairy arms>?
Shimmer and shine in all the right places with the must-have MegaGlo Highlighting Powder. Its ultra-pearly finish and easy-to-blend formula makes it a fan favorite! The silky smooth, highly-pigmented powder gives an all over glow when applied to the cheekbones, brow bone, and cupid’s bow.
Note – Wet n Wild is a Peta-certified, cruelty-free brand.Though not 100% of the products are vegan, but the brand is striving towards making them all vegan friendly!
Now, Enjoy some swatches and product shots:
The embossed floral design detail on the product is so beautiful, I never dip my brush close to it so I can preserve it 🙂
- Sturdy see-through Packaging
- So affordable – you get 5.4 gms of product of 500 INR
- It is not testing on animals – mentioned on the packaging
- Good shelf life of 24 months
- Suitable for all skin tones, especially olive to deeper tones will rock this shade as a highlighter. Fairer skinned ladies can use this as a blush topper
- Can be used as an eyeshadow, a beautiful neutral shade on the lids
- Smooth silky texture, blends well, doesn’t emphasize skin flaws – very pigmented, comes off a peachy rose gold shade on my skin.
- No mirror on the packaging, but this is the best you can get the price point I am certain.
- Not long lasting if worn with a dry brush, spray on some mist on your brush and use this highlighter for a blinding cosmic glow!
WCD rates this product a 4.8 / 5 ( It’s a MUST HAVE budget Highlighter esp. for brown girls )
Sayonarraaa… until next time!