Well, they had me at Ginseng & Rice…!
Give your skin a new lease of life with The Body Shop’s Chinese Ginseng and Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask. Inspired by Chinese traditions, we have blended ginseng extract, rice extract and sesame seed oil into our 100% vegetarian creamy exfoliating mask, that has been formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil.
- After removing makeup and cleansing the skin, use the Facial Mask Brush to smooth an even layer of the Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask onto the face avoiding eye and lip area.
- Apply to neck and décolleté if desired.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes then rinse off with warm water and a muslin cloth in circular motions to gently exfoliate. Use two to three times a week to reveal brighter-looking, even and supple feeling skin.
- Use various masks in different areas to target specific areas of your face.
- 100% vegetarian
- Creamy exfoliating face mask
- For skin that needs an intense treatment to remove dullness and unevenness.
- Illuminates, evens and revitalises skin
- Ideal to create a facial at home
- Blended with rice & ginseng extracts from China and organic Community Trade sesame seed oil from Nicaragua
My experience with the super-food mask:
I need not say much about this product because the result after usage will speak for itself, but here goes:
- It is not your typical mask that dries off – so i apply it in the morning after washing my face and leave it on till I do some chores for about 5 minutes or a little more & then back to the sink/or in the shower – scrub.scrub.scrub & wash off !
- It is somewhere in the middle of an exfoliating scrub and a creamy mask – very interesting formula. I recommending using a brush to dip into the glass jar <this will help your product stay fresh for longer & hygienic>
- Has chunky pieces of Rice that are visible <It’s always such a pleasure to see what’s going on your face, feels like natural therapy>
- It stays true to its claim of lifting away dull skin
- I had no visible side effects on using this mask & I have been using it for 3 months now.
- Kaolin Clay, Salicylic acid, Rice are very popular for their anti-acne benefits. The mask feels refreshing, without drying your skin out completely – thanks to the organic sesame oil use.
- In spite of all the above ingredients, the mask did not break me out – I have sensitive combination-oily skin <In fact it worked great on me>
- Ginseng, hero ingredient of the product is prized as an anti-aging Chinese remedy. Since the root of this plant is rich in phyto-nutrients, it helps combat dull skin by toning and brightening it.
- I have used it on everyone who’s let me – & they love it!
- Great Tan removal scrub <apart from what it claims>
- Easy to use, quick fix – you don’t need it to dry off
- Natural – Formulated without parabens, paraffin, silicone or mineral oil
- Consistency is a little wet, so application with fingers can get messy & time consuming <highly recommend using it with a facial brush >
- Packaging is so beautiful but the Glass jar is heavy to travel with & is prone to breakage
- Priced at INR 1895 for 75 ml – Not the most affordable of masks, but worth it!
Neutral point: I did not notice any visible reduction in spots, also do not expect the ‘illuminated’ effect post the mask to last all day – the minute you step out, all the gunk will start settling on your face again < plugs in Sunscreen shamelessly)
I recommend this product to each and every person < except for if you are suffering with fresh acne , you need to stay away from any kind of exfoliation, until your skin is not wounded anymore > WCD rating – 4.8/5